Wow another week has flown by and the weekend went way way to fast. The daylight savings time made yesterday feel like it went on forever or maybe that is because it stormed Sunday morning really early and I was awake to see my phone jump forward.....
My goals from last week were:
Challenge Goal Get in to a good workout routine that
includes cardio and strength training. If I want to prove all the negative
people wrong that say I can't do this race I need a good solid routine I can
stick to.
1-Challenge goal-Plan out a routine that will work research
workouts that can be done at home with little to no equipment. Totally failed at this one.... I am still lost as to what to do if someone said ok here is a plan do it I could totally do it but trying to devise one on my own ha ya not working so well....
2-Continue to drink
80oz of water daily. Yep every day and even did good over the weekend.
3-Get at least two walk/runs in on my lunch hour this week
weather looks to be nicer and my cough is getting better (I
think) Well got a 2 mile in on my lunch Monday in snow and slush then Thursday evening tried to get a workout in on the treadmill ten min in the boys were both fighting and kept coming in to tell me their side of what happened.
4-Spend time with the kids of an evening doing something
they choose. Success! Several evenings we had snuggle time watching their favorite tv show Duck Dynasty. Better than some of the crazy cartoons they like. Then yesterday the three of us laid on the couch for a long time watching tv.
5-Stay away from unhealthy fast foods. Yep did so so I let the kids have McDonald's on Thursday evening and I had a salad from there and it was pretty good. One day at lunch a hamburger sounded good well I ate it and never ever again had the worst stomach issues all afternoon.
Goals for this week:::
Continue on the Challenge Goal of figuring out a workout routine to get me ready for the Fugitive Run in May which is less than 80 days away!
1-Continue with 80oz of water each day (still soda free for 11 days now)
2-Bring my lunch daily to work and eat healthy each meal at night.
3-Get in 3 workouts during lunch breaks this week.
4-Track my food in myfitness pal, I have tried this before and it becomes a struggle of falling back in to old habits of not eating enough and trying to have as many calories left at night as possible.
5-Finish buying stuff to put in the box to mail to my best friend in Hawaii and mail it out.
6-Since its daylight later make time to play with the kids in the evening.
You're doing great Shelley!!! Keep it up girl! Good luck this week!
ReplyDeleteWhy are people saying you can't do this race? Lame! Go show them what you're made of girl!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to do my best! I think some maybe plain jealous I am trying something they couldn't or wouldn't do and some just think because I am a girl and 5 foot tall I can't do it.
Delete