Friday, March 15, 2013

Super super super excited today!!!!!!!!!!

This week couldn't have ended any better! I have been wanting to find a part time EMT job locally since I became certified back in July of 2012. However I was slightly picky as I didn't want to work an hour away from home since its not a high paying job the gas money would eat the pay check.

So I held out hope for two local places St. James and Rolla and really wanted to work for St. James. Loved doing clinicals there and wanted to work in the community I grew up in. However they rarely have any openings but I never gave up hope. Well last week I placed a call and found out there may be an irregular part time position open and that I would hear back next week (this week)

Move on to last night got a message to call the Ambulance base this morning around 10am and to see if I could take an earlier lunch hour. Well I called and had an interview scheduled for 11! I was beyond excited and nervous! Got all the paperwork filled out and set up to start orientation tomorrow night by covering a cage fight. Then next shift will be the 30th of this month for 16 hours. After 40 hours of that and 4 hours in office I will get to do 24 hour shifts.


This is so so huge for me and such a dream come true. Its been a goal of mine since I was a kid and now its a reality.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You've worked hard for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hip hip hooray!! I found joy reading about your career dream coming true because you had confidence and stepped out of comfort zone and worked hard. Way to go!!!'

    ReplyDelete