Monday, March 11, 2013

The weekend.

Why is it that Saturday and Sunday go much faster than any two days in the work week....??????

Friday night I braved two grocery stores with the kids in tow. They were cranky and tired and it tested every last ounce of patience I had. Not to mention both stores were super busy! So not long after getting home they were in bed sound asleep and I had a bit of quiet time to relax.

Saturday morning I got up and went to my massage appointment. Its only the second time I have ever had a massage. My first was amazing and my amazing hubby bought me a gift certificate to the same place for me as a Christmas gift. So I made sure I was the first appointment of the day and go figure the girl was late... Not a great start to my day and her reason for being late was she had to take a shower and eat a good breakfast!!! A simple sorry I am late would have been fine. She did an ok job with massage however the rest of the day and yesterday and today I feel like jello. My legs are achy and hurt and spots on my back and neck feel bruised to the point it hurts if something touches the skin there. So lesson learned I don't want her again.....
After getting home from town and another trip to the grocery store to get what I forgot night before I get a text from Blake's friend's mom asking if Blake could come and play. I agreed and he was over the moon happy! So I met her in town and Nathan was a bit unhappy Blake was leaving so I offered to take him to the park for a bit and he said no he wanted to go home and play. Well not long after getting home he was sound asleep. I was supposed to get Blake at 7 however I get a text asking if he can stay the night which I agreed.

Nathan wanted to go across the road to see Grandpa and Grandma so we walked over and he decided he wanted to  play with bubba's play dough (apparently his is better even tho they both have the same colors...) Grandma asked me if I wanted to go thru her china cabinets and pick out the dishes and antiques I wanted. I will do a separate post about this sometime. Nathan and I stayed until after dark and headed home to eat some dinner. He still wasn't happy Blake wasn't home but didn't complain to much.

Sunday morning around 1am we got a big storm lots of thunder and lightning. Woke me up and ended up waking up everyone in my house! Nathan screamed when the lightning popped real close to the house and I was up with him for awhile. Of course time change also happened that night so it was odd being awake when your phone goes from 1:59 am to 3am!!! Sunday morning I was majorly dragging and lacking energy.

Since Kenny had to go help a friend work they decided to go eat breakfast and Nathan and I tagged along he had fun being the only one with us and he likes Kenny's friend. After breakfast Nathan and I drove around a bit to kill time before picking Blake up it was nasty and rainy all day. We spent some time all 3 of us snuggling on the couch watching tv until it quit raining. Then I allowed them to go out and play in the water and mud (now I have mud covered clothes and shoes to clean but they had fun).

While they were playing outside I purged my closet and dresser drawers of clothes that either didn't fit or that I haven't wore in months. I got rid of two huge trash bags and could have probably had another full but I have issues with letting go of some items.

1 comment:

  1. I must have slept pretty sound for once as I didn't hear the thunder.
    It is definetly muddy out!

    ReplyDelete