I haven't said much about a project that I am now a part of, Emergency Service Workers Relief Fund. It was the fund behind the Freezin for a Reason 5k I did last month. The fund is designed to help Emergency Service workers and their families in times of need (cancer, sickness etc.) I think its a great idea.
Laurie and I had talked some about doing 12 months of random acts of kindness to keep the name of the fund out there. Of course not many were interested in helping us but we are pushing ahead anyway hoping that others will join.
This month we decided to donate books to Tiger Cubs preschool. So this morning we got our books gathered up and headed in to the classroom. The kids were super excited to have a bunch of new books to look at and they were happy to see us. We sat in the floor with them and all the books and read with the kids.
Laurie is on bottom left and I am it the top left the kids swarmed us as soon as we sat down.
Surprisingly they all did well sharing the books with each other to look thru, the kids were all super sweet. I could have stayed there all day reading with them.
This little girl stayed next to me the whole time we were there. Kept picking up books for us to look thru she "read" them to me too.
It was nice getting to give back to the community we have books left that we will take to another preschool in a few weeks.
This Saturday Laurie and I will do the Race to the Rocker 4 mile and if all goes as planned a St. James Ambulance will be there with a table set up to hand out drinks part way thru the race.
Not sure what we will do for other months will all depend on if we get anyone willing to help I know we had thought about doing yard clean ups for elderly or helping at game night at the nursing homes.
I am excited to be a part of this and can't wait to see what this year will bring!



Really nice Shelley:) Good for you!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great project! My family would love to help out with a yard cleanup or game night.
ReplyDeleteKelley I will send you a message when we plan out out more months!!! Would love the help!
Delete