The race that scares me!!!!!!!! I have said earlier in the
year I would love to do a Tough Mudder or a Warrior Dash. Well I had seen some
advertisements about a Fugitive Run and noticed it was held local (the other
two races are at least a 2 hour drive from home). I looked at the site and what
was said about it and pondered the idea of "maybe" registering.
The week leading up to the Freezin for a Reason 5k I noticed
one of the prizes that would be drawn was an entry to the Fugitive Run. I
commented on the post that it looked like a fun race. Never gave it a second
thought.
When I arrived at the race Saturday I got my packet and as I
was standing there trying to get my race bib pinned on my costume, Laurie came
up to me and handed me something that was folded up. I opened it and it was the
coupon for the Fugitive race!! I was speechless. For one I never
"win" anything and two never thought I would be the recipient of the
coupon she said it was their way to thank me for helping out and for posting
and re posting about the race on my facebook page. To say I was excited was an
understatement!
Of course I wasn't around any others that were in to doing
races so no one but my friends husband found my excitement in it. He had
thought about doing the race since he is a cop.
Yesterday I sent the email to the address that was listed on
the coupon and waited. Well got the reply and directions on how to enter and
use the coupon. Never in my life have I had to fill out a death waiver for
anything. Lets just say it was SCARY!!
The reply to my email registration:
You are registered!
We'll see May 25th!
Happy training, D'ettra
I asked a couple friends of mine if they would like to do
the race and they are thinking about it. I think it would be awesome to have a
girl team to compete in the race. If not I will do it on my own (fingers
crossed I can get a couple brave souls talked in to it).
Yesterday I started to worry about the training aspect of
it. The race is May 25 so I have some time to get ready just not real sure what
to do. But I will figure it out because I have something to prove. Back when I
mentioned doing an obstacle course race my husband told me I'd never be able to
do it.. Sorry that's the wrong thing to say to this girl!
Awesome Shelley!! That is so exciting! I signed up for my first mud run this year too:) I love that you won the entry. Last year I won an entry into the Danskin tri and I know I wouldn't have done it if I didn't win the entry. It was like it was meant to be:)
ReplyDeleteWell I decided to not look at the website for a while they keep posting about new obstacles they are building and will have close to 50!!!!
DeleteOh how fun! Congrats on winning..that's awesome! You'll have so much fun! I've never done a mud run...maybe one day!
ReplyDeleteThe Tough Mudder looked fun this one looks scary but can't pass up a free entry and its 15 minutes from home.
DeleteThis sounds like fun! Can't wait to see some pictures in May after you've completed this!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteThats awesome! It looks like fun! Can't wait to see pictures after you've completed it!
ReplyDelete