I had signed up to do a race series called 5 by 5th Virtual Run and you have to get a 5k or 5 miles in by the 5th of every month thru June.
This month I decided that since the first week of February is hard for me that I would do the 5k and each mile would be for each friend we lost the first of February in 98.
I didn't have an exceptional time 52:00 but I got it done and that was what mattered and it made me feel somewhat better after.
The miles on the treadmill were uneventful my original goal was to do 1.5 outside Monday and then 1.6 outside Tuesday on my lunch hour and well yesterday didn't happen for outside. So I did two on the treadmill at home and the 1.5 on Monday. Planned on getting 3 on the treadmill but just didn't have it in me after a long rough day.
I have started seeing changes in how much easier it is for me to do the miles and how much quicker I am getting. Also love that my speed is increasing and not wanting to die at speeds I thought I could only dream about. Still have a long ways to go not sure if I will ever be one of those run a mile in 7 minute people but I am working on it.

Way to go Shelley! I love that you are seeing improvements:)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on seeing the improvement! I love that you made it meaningful by remembering people you've lost. Thanks for participating!
ReplyDelete