So I may be crazy but this morning as I had checked Facebook I saw the below picture with the caption. I messaged the page to ask if they minded glitter getting in the water they said no. Well I decided to do this. Heck I will be froze already from a 5k in a costume at night in the cold may as well take a plunge for a good reason. I've decided that this race and this event will be a good time to push myself out of my comfort zone and do things I would never try because I am "afraid" of what people will say or think. I am sure I will have moments on Saturday that I want to not wear the costume or jump in this water but I know I need to.
Saturday afternoon my friend and I are going to fix each other's hair then go up and help set up for the race before finishing getting our costumes on. I am glad to be able to help set up for this event and contribute more than just my doing the race. I know there will be several spectators there to see what my costume is as I have kept it pretty much under wraps and a secret. My fire department is bringing a truck up to have at the start finish area to support the event and community as well as have a front row seat to see my craziness.
Challenge time!!!! We are so close to 200 participants we can smell it!! If we can hit the 200 mark within the next 24 hours I will be taking a very cold "plunge" in a pool of water. Member of the Rolla Rural Fire Department will set up a tank full of water and I will see exactly how cold that water is while wearing my colorful pink tutu!!! Will others take the "plunge" with me?? Come on folks, we can do this!!! Let's hit the 200 mark!!
- Freezin for a Reason 5K Walk/Run Shelley Allen and Laurie Lambeth Have accepted the challenge anyone else ??????


You're going to have so much fun girl!!! Can't wait to read the recap and see the pictures!!!
ReplyDelete