Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Freezin plunge...

I had posted earlier last week about a challenge I had became a part of. If they got 200 people to register for the race by the start of the race three of us would take the Freezin Plunge in a dump tank of cold water.


Well the morning of the race they were at 190+ and I knew we would be plunging so I packed extra clothes with me and a towel.

Didn't even know this one was taken. It was not long after the race I was giving my key to Donnie and my phone so he could take pictures. Probably the only picture of the back of my costume.

Here is Bryan announcing that himself, his wife and I would be doing the plunge. It all happened pretty quick I had planned on taking my shoes off and well he just ran and jumped in. So we followed.

I can say its not easy or graceful getting in and out of these tanks. They are waist deep on me and then add the costume I am sure it was quite the sight.

Here is the three of us in here and then another guy did a summer sault over the edge and joined us. I kept waiting for someone to push me under but I got lucky I stayed dry chest up.

The water was cold but while we were out on our 5k someone took the bobcat and put huge ice chunks in the water to make it colder... I did find out who that was and they aren't on my nice list. The water was plenty cold without having to add ice bergs..

By the time we got out two others had jumped in as well. It was fun and drew a good crowd. I am very glad I sucked up the courage and plunged. Glad my costume survived it to see another day as well!

I got out of the water and grabbed a blanket headed to the car to change. After I changed I went back over to the pavilion for a bit and headed to the gas station to get a cappuchino to warm me up. My hair was still fixed pink and had the tiara in and the gas station attendant gave me a very weird look!

This race will be an annual event and I am excited for the next one. I think the plunge may be staying around but may move to an open body of water. I am sure I will plunge again next year. Just hope next year its either warmer out or my costume is a bit warmer. I woke up Monday morning with horrible chest congestion :(




5 comments:

  1. I was freezin' just looking at the first picture with your legs showing and that was before I got to the "plunge" picture. You are one brave soul!
    Good job on doing marathons, that is quite a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to "Take the plunge" :) Brrrr, you are brave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if it was brave or stupid just yet :) But it was a success and I think it will happen again at next years event.

      Delete
  3. Love it Shelley!!!! SOunds like you had an absolute blast with this race!!! Hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No still not feeling better but still telling myself it was worth it.... Was fun to do something that no one else was brave (or dumb) enough to do.

      Delete