A few weeks ago we got a steer brought to our house. It's blind and my stepdad didn't want it out in the fields with the rest of the cows. So we brought it home and its across the road in my Grandparents barn lot. Nathan was excited to get a cow we had a heifer last summer and he missed it when it was gone.
So I told him he could name the cow and well he wanted to name it Horsey.... I asked him several times over several days and the name remained the same. So I guess we have a cow named Horsey. At his age I had a stuffed pound puppy I named Arfy because that's what dogs sounded like. I figured he would name it cow or moo but I like his name.
Horsey is still skittish around us and it makes Nathan a bit nervous to go in the pen (can't say as I blame him)
But Nathan loves to go feed him and carry the bucket of feed.
Once the weather gets a bit nicer and warmer I'll let Nathan and Blake help with the feeding of an evening but right now its to cold and nasty out.
Nathan thinks he's big stuff getting to carry and pour the feed and telling Horsey to come up and eat. Now we will see how this goes when Horsey is in our freezer this fall.....
He looks so big carrying that bucket. Hard to believe he was that tiny little baby such a short time ago.
ReplyDelete