This race recap will be broke up in to at least 3 posts other wise I would be writing a book and no one would make it to the end....
Saturday morning started off way to early for me we had a first responder call at 5:30 am and it was close to my house so I went. I then had to rush from there home to get dressed (yes I went to a fire call in my jammies) to meet my dad at 6:30 at my Grandma's so we could move her to a different house. Helped with that until 1ish and then drove to St. James to Ron and Amanda's house so we could get ready for the race. She was going as 80's theme which was funny since she was born in the late 80's but between her husband and I we helped her pull the look off.
We started by getting our hair ready in the middle of that we walked over to the race start to see if they needed help setting up. They had plenty of help so we headed back to finish getting ready. I think in all it took us over 2 hours to get ready to go!
This was the back of my hair and I loved it! Wish I could get it to curl like that daily and very glad Amanda helped me with it.
Here I was costume all on and ready to go up to the park.
Amanda and I ready to go her costume was much warmer than mine and she still said she froze.
We got in my car and well..... as you can see my skirt was poofy and made it hard to drive soooo glad that we only had to drive a few blocks that way. We pull in to the park and the first guy that told us which way to go was like so are you here for the race.. UM no we just drive around like this for fun. The guy that actually parked us said we were the first two to show up in costumes.
Amanda already had decided she was to cold and went and found a jacket. I was determined to stay in costume but yes I was cold. This was about 30-40 minutes prior to the start of the race. You can see Amanda's husband in the back ground he ran in full uniform and a blue police themed tutu.
Right before the race. Look I am number 1!!! I signed up the day the registration opened and I apparently was the first one I was happy. I was hoping for a number less than 50.
Not sure if you can tell in that picture but I am shivering like crazy... Not long after this picture I scored a jacket from one of the Fire Fighters and wore it the rest of the evening.
I am a VERY shy person so for me to dress up like this and walk around in crowds of people some of whom I knew and most I didn't was a huge leap out of my comfort zone. I would be walking around and random people I didn't know would want to take a picture of me. Got lots of nice compliments on the costume and everyone asked me if I was cold. I was ready to start replying nope why would I be....


You look amazing Shelley!!! LOVE the costume! And good for you for stepping out of your comfort zone!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I liked the costume too. The race page on Facebook updated 200+ pictures yesterday and I ended up in quite a few. Guess it really stood out. Got lots of compliments on my costume which made the hard work it took to create it worth while.
Delete