24 hours from now I will be getting ready for my first 5k (well done as a real race not virtual) of the year. This one will not be ran or walked fast it will be for fun and time to spend with friends.
I have to get my costume all together and packed as well as some warm clothes for after the freezin plunge... They have 187 people registered now which means they got a few more to register today. So if they hit 200 by the race start 3 of us will be plunging costume and all in to the water.
This morning they thought the race may get canceled due to the weather we got yesterday but I made tons of text calls and facebook messages trying to help find people with bobcats or tractors willing to help clear the course. I have been talking with the administrator of the races facebook page off and on for a few weeks and more recently since I joined in on the last challenge. I have never met her but yet we have talked a bunch I donated the last of my tuele to her yesterday so she could finish a tutu without making her hubby go to walmart.
It will be fun to actually get to meet her tomorrow! I hope to be able to take TONS of pictures of getting ready, costume, race start during race and after. I am sure there will be several taken of our plunge if it happens. I am excited yet still nervous about wearing a costume in front of tons of people and a bit nervous about the plunge in the water but ready to do it!!
can't wait to hear all about it! good luck BRRRRR!
ReplyDelete