Friday, February 8, 2013

Ahh its Friday!

This has been one long week Monday seems like it was forever ago.... Not just 4 days ago.

I am glad I got some workouts in early in the week because as the week has went on I have become more exhausted and sick. I knew the sick part was coming could feel it Saturday but tried to ignore it and well now I can't. I could easily curl up and just sleep (if I could stop coughing long enough) for hours.

I did figure out a costume idea for my 5k this month now to just find all the things and make it..... Luckily a friend has offered to help me pull it together. It will have lots of pink and sparkle :)

Yesterday was another day I would like to just forget about. My mom calls me all freaked out having major panic attack at 7:15 telling me that something was wrong with my stepdad. She said he woke her up and wanted her to call 911 because something wasn't right. I know him well enough to know if he thinks he needs an ambulance its bad. Well I couldn't get her to calm down enough to tell me what happened or how he was acting. A few minutes later she called and asked if I could meet the ambulance at the hospital as she was waiting for a ride. Thankfully a good friend was working that day and was bringing a patient in about the same time he arrived and she came out and told me he was alive. There's way more that I won't share but they told my mom he was dying thought it was heart attack and/or stroke. So I told Kathy I just wanted to know he was still breathing when he arrived so I could tell my mom.
She got there and finally calmed down enough she got to go back and see him. I had to tell the front desk lady he was my dad so that I could get and give information and be able to go back to see him. After a long day in the ER and then moved to a regular room I came back to work. They found out it was some sort of cranial or optical nerve that went crazy causing the double vision and headache and it would clear up. He had SUPER high blood pressure when they got him there and they said that was a factor as well. So he is headed home today so thankful he is ok and that even though it was serious it wasn't requiring surgery or anything extensive.

The one good part out of the day yesterday was my mom's friend came to sit with us. Vicki has known my mom for over 30 years and they were best friends when I was growing up. Most every memory is one of my mom, Vicki and I. She always told everyone she was my other mother and it was pretty true. The 3 of us went down to the cafeteria to eat a late lunch and she commented that it had been a long time since the 3 of us were together to eat. It was nice getting to spend time with her.

This week was hard emotionally at times and I am very thankful and grateful for some wonderful friends I have in my life some who are more like family than just a friend. I am stubborn and like to try to do things on my own and not talk to others or ask for help but I am realizing that its ok. Having people around me who "get" how I process and deal with stuff makes a huge difference they know when to push buttons and when to step back or just give a hug. I am very glad to have them in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your stepdad is okay:) That's scary! Glad you are learning it's okay to ask for help:)

    ReplyDelete