Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekly Chase

How is it that Saturday and Sunday always go way faster than two days during the week?????


Anyway on to weekly chase here is what I had planned last week as goals:

#1-To limit my soda I like my fountain dr pepper of a morning and then I usually have a can of diet mtn dew with my lunch or unsweet tea. Did so so with this most days I only had one soda a couple I had one regular and one diet.

#2-Get 3 workouts in during my lunch hour this week and make them at least one mile in length. The weather will be nicer this week and the snow and ice is gone from the sidewalks. 100% success on that one went out all 5 days for 1.5 to 2 miles and Friday we did 3! For a total of 9.5 for the week.

#2-No unhealthy fast food for lunch or dinner this week! 98% success had subway one day chicken tacos once and a half a mc donalds burger Friday night (which I really regretted later)

#3-Spend more time in the evening with my kids doing something fun playing a game, puzzles or reading. Yep got this one in! Most of the time it was just playing with them or cuddled with them on the couch watching Duck Dynasty (my kids love that show)

#4-Keep laundry caught up seems silly but it gets out of control quickly. Well I got caught up on laundry Friday evening so I guess that's a semi success

#5-Add strength training in at least twice this week this is new for me so I am not sure what I will try. I did wall pushups and squats during the day at work. I have been doing the wall pushups at work for several months off and on and I think I may actually see some difference :)



This week's goals... This week is going to be a super hard week all the way around. I am only working Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday I am leaving at 3 am to take my Grandparents to St. Louis for my Grandpa to have surgery. 

#1-Continue to limit my soda this will be a challenge come the end of the week when I am driving back and forth either early in the morning or late at night from the hospital.

#2-Two workouts this week would love to have more but I need to be realistic.

#3-Eat as healthy as possible while at the hospital and on the trips to and from. They actually have an awesome salad bar that I am once again looking forward to.

#4-Spend time with kids and my husband first part of the week and not let all the to do lists make me crabby with them.

Not a lot of goals but this is going to be a challenging and very emotional week one that I am not sure I am ready for.

4 comments:

  1. Great week last week Shelley! Praying that this week goes smoothly:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dwayne quit drinking soda last month. Couldn't believe it!! I feel silly buying water, but he takes it in his lunch everyday.
    (I think it might be the beer that has made him gain weight instead of the soda though.............) lol

    Thinking of you this week and praying all goes well with your Grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have basically given up soda because I know I just can't limit it - so good for you! I also have decided to bring my lunches to have no excuse for eating out! SO proud on the lunch workouts too!. I LOVE DUCK DYNASTY!

    I hope your grandpa's surgery goes well!

    Your realistic goals for this week are awesome - keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on last week Shelley!!! I will be praying for you and your grandpa as he has surgery. You'll do great with your goals this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete