Whew its Friday and I am glad of that and glad the work day is over half way over. I have done pretty good this week with food and exercise. I have been tracking my calories with myfitness pal and each day I have at least 300-900 calories left. I have also got a walk in each day on my lunch break.
My boss decided she wanted to start walking too. I was hesitant at first I knew she wouldn't go my pace and well I didn't know how much of a "workout" I would really get. But my mood was pretty blah on Monday and I figured the company would be nice. It was nice and she has walked with me each day this week and she is even getting pretty close to my regular speed.
Monday-We left from our office and walked 1.5 miles thru streets in town. I normally drive to a local park that has a sidewalk trail and walk it so there isn't tons of traffic or streets to cross. But it was a nice change of scenery.
Tuesday- We went from our work again in a different direction for another 1.5 miles and shaved some time off our walk. She brought money along and we stopped at the gas station on the way back and got a soda. Yes I felt silly walking carrying a soda!
Wednesday-Once again she wanted to walk so we headed to a local park that had a couple decent hills and was 2 miles round trip. It was a bit more challenging for her but I was glad for hills to give myself a bit more workout.
Thursday-Was nasty and drizzly so we drove to one of my regular parks and walked 1.5 miles. It was cold and wet out and we decided 1.5 was enough. Now she thought that 3 days of walking was good enough but went along on the 4th.
Friday- I really figured today she would decide not to go however this morning she told me to map out a route from work. So I plotted one out that would be right at 2 miles. When we took out walking we decided to change it up a bit and do a different route one that had some HUGE hills. Being the planner I am I was a bit nervous not knowing the mileage but I just went with it. Came back to work 50 minutes later and mapped out the course and we had went 3 miles! I think she was shocked she could go that far. Now I doubt we do many 3 milers since it takes up whole lunch hour until I can get her up to my regular speed. I even had her jog twice when we were crossing busy streets!
I am pretty proud of the week and getting in 5 workouts on my lunch break I think today's I will be feeling some in my thighs later today which is pretty awesome!
Not sure what the weekend holds hope to get some exercise in but house work HAS to be done it got put off a lot this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment