Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

Its a new year and time for some new years resolutions. I usually make some in my head never write them down or tell anyone and then guess what... they never happen.....

This year I want it to be different and need it to be different. There is a lot I need to work on and change.

1-I have committed to running/walking 13 races in 2013 I know if I have an on going goal I will continue to stick with walking and running.  Otherwise it will be train for a race then do nothing until I decide to sign up for another one. This way I know I will have at least one race a month either virtual or in real life.

2-Want to try new foods and continue to get rid of processed junk from my diet. Last June I 98% switched over to diet soda. I want to cut that back to not daily and to add in more healthy foods to my diet. I know I can't eat salads daily my stomach hates me after about 3-5 days of salads so I need to research some good healthy easy lunch options.

3-Start strength training if I want to compete in a Tough Mudder or Warrior Dash this year I need to work on strength. I already know I am pretty strong but I need to work on it more and who doesn't want more defined shoulders and arms :)

4-Weed out people in my life who are bringing me down. I have a few people close to me that really just use me and while I see it I continue to let it happen, which also continually ends up in my getting upset and hurt. Some will be easy to distance from a couple will be a lot harder. However I know its necessary to surround myself with positive people who care about me and who support my goals and are there when I need them.

5-To get to a healthy weight that I am happy with. I decided not to put a number on it I know from past experience if I put a goal scale number or number of pounds I want to lose that it sets me up for failure. I get to focused on the number and then go down roads I need to stay off of. So I will workout eat right and focus more on how my clothes fit and feel and how I feel when I look in the mirror. Maybe this new approach will help me get to a healthy weight without the stress and obsession of the number on the scale.

So I have some research to do to find ways to strength train and find recipes that my family and I will actually eat that is healthy (oldest child is a very picky eater). Hope to find different fun challenges thru out the year that I can join that will keep me going since I know that a few months in things always get tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment