Friday, January 25, 2013

Colton's 1.5 mile run

A blog that I have been following for a while now Living The Fit Life was having a 1.5 mile virtual run in honor of a young boy who is battling Leukemia and went back in the hospital today to start the 3rd fight against the cancer.

Last year she hosted a virtual race raising money and I signed up and participated and received a orange (color for Leukemia) shirt that said Colton's Army on it. Today I put on that shirt and went out on my lunch break and got in my 1.5 miles. It was a bit chilly and very windy but I knew that if this little boy could fight for his life in the hospital that I could bare the cold for 25 minutes to get the miles in.

Yes a bad bathroom self portrait one day I will eventually figure out how to take a decent picture of myself.....

I was glad I was able to go out even tho alone and get my 1.5 miles in to show support for this little boy whom I've never met.

Honestly can't imagine how this little boy feels or what his parents friends and family are going thru. I also wore a shirt today that is a burnt orange color in honor of him today. Its not the bright orange of the shirt I wore for my workout but its the closest I had in my closet that I would wear to work.

4 comments:

  1. Great job Shelley! Thanks for participating:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so amazing of you! I cried when I first read his story. great job! and you look cute in your bathroom pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) it's hard to get a decent one in a mirror. When I heard about him last year I cried reading it too.

      Delete