Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Freezin for a Reason

I have registered for my first race in the 13 in 2013 challenge. Well I have registered for some virtual races but this is the first one I will be running and for an awesome cause.

The race is at night and it ask participants to dress up. Now I need to think of a costume any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This race benefits a person I know a super nice guy who is battling testicular cancer. He is a paramedic and a fire fighter in my area. I have worked with him a few times while I was doing clinicals for EMT school. So glad to live in a small community that pulls together to host something like this for one of their own.

When he told me he had cancer and was going to have to have chemo I wanted to do a virtual race but had no clue how to set it up or where to begin. I was happy to see that the ambulance district he works for set up this freezin for a reason 5k all proceeds to benefit him. If anyone has any suggestions on how to do a virtual race or would be interested in doing one I would still love to do more to help. As I know even with good insurance chemo treatments and all the doctors visits still really add up.

Here is the flyer about the race and I honestly can't wait to do it!

2 comments:

  1. A safe costume would be all same color, like gold girl or purple person. Easy, too. Another would be emt gear. Maybe ... Dress like a kid, like a cowboy, like a motorcycle rider, like the guy who is beating cancer... Just thoughts!

    I hope you enjoy the experience!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany! I have a bit to decide... Hope its a fun night wish I could find some friends to do it with me tho to make it more fun. But its for a great reason.

      Delete