Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cookies and kids.....

Yesterday I heard that the St. James Fire Department was going to be working at McDonald's as a fundraiser. Part of the proceeds goes to their Firefighter/Paramedic who has cancer. I normally don't eat there and rarely let the kids eat there. However it was for a good cause so I braved taking both boys alone to McDonalds. Of course the boys wanted to go in and eat and well I said yes..... I rarely take both boys in a restaurant alone usually it ends up in me getting super stressed, while I know they are very well behaved I still worry they will be to loud etc.

Anyway we went in ordered our food and they were eating (I didn't eat I just drank an unsweet tea) the boys were watching all the firefighters most of whom I knew. So several came over and talked to us Blake wanted to know why they were all bald. Its not easy to explain to a child that all those guys shaved their head because one of their friends has cancer and was losing his hair. It was interesting to see all of them with no hair of course some of them didn't have much to begin with.

After they got done eating I walked over to talk to one of my EMT friends Krissi and the boys started talking to the other guys and next thing I knew one of them had gave the kids chocolate chip cookies! Ok one each was fine with me.. However after one guy gave them cookies the rest followed and gave them theirs. We spent almost 2 hours in McDonalds and the kids didn't want to leave they were having to much fun with all the guys giving them attention and playing with them. I drew the line when one said they needed some mountain dew!

It was a good night and for a good cause and I am glad I went, was able to see some people I don't see very often and the kids were very well behaved. They finally had their sugar crash around 10pm only 2 hours past bedtime.

Of course the guys asked the three of us girls there if we were going to shave our heads um NOT. However we decided we would do something just haven't decided yet, probably will do pink and purple streaks in our hair the week leading up to the 5k.

2 comments:

  1. Uh, I'm a bad parent. My kids lived on Mountain Dew. Not candy or many cookies as they didn't like sweets. Go figure! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your not a bad parent. My kids have soda and cookies just not late at night on a school night and not 3-4 cookies per kid lol....

      Delete