I dislike snakes very much. If I know they are harmless and outside way far away from me and my house I am ok. Not ok if they are on my driveway, porch or in my house. Yes you read that right in my house!!!!!!!!!!
Last night I was sound asleep Kenny had just got done in the shower and was watching something on tv. I hear him yelling my name to get up I figured one of the kids were throwing up (Blake had thrown up Sunday night and most of Monday and Nathan threw up twice before bed). Oh no not the case I got up saw him crouched on the couch looking behind it me half asleep asks what's wrong. He said well I didn't want to tell you but I need your help.. we have a snake in the house. And yes my mind went to thinking it was a big huge snake that was 5 inches around and 6 feet long. He wanted a pair of metal tongs to pick the thing up. I refused to look at it handed him the tongs and parked myself on our bed. I heard him grab it and take it out side and kill it, still I hadn't asked how big it was. In my mind I was thinking it was a momma snake and had a whole family in my new house. He came back in and told me it was about the size of a pencil in diameter and not very long. I still refused to go out and look at it, and threatened to keep all the lights on in the house so I could see if I had to get up.
So laying there trying to go back to sleep I told him we were getting our new door knobs and fitting the door correctly so that there is no gaps and no way this can happen again. If he wouldn't have been home kids and I would have been sleeping in the car or there would have been gun shot holes in the floor! And at that ungoshly hour I am not sure who I would have called to come and get it out of my house.
Needless to say I didn't sleep very soundly and at 4am Nathan woke up wanting more milk and I looked very closely around before I stepped anywhere. I am sure it was just a strange chance thing and it better not happen again. But I am NOT taking any chances on it and we are putting the new door knobs in and making less of a opportunity for any varmints or reptiles to come in!!!!
Glad you got rid of it- snakes have to be the worst thing to find in your home. At least mice will make noise and leave evidence! Gotta love country living! We had big opossum in our unfinished basement when we first moved in. Amos and the neighbor had quite the adventure getting it out. Then we had a bat in Noah's room. I always wonder what I'd do if we found a critter in the house on a night that Amos was gone. Praise God for those brave husbands! :-)
ReplyDeleteI was very glad my husband was home! Glad to know that I am not the only one out in the country that has had critters in their home!
DeleteWas is poisonous? I haven't had them in my house, but we get garder snakes in our backyard. I may be the only woman in the world who doesn't mind snakes, but I will catch them for my boys:)
ReplyDeleteNope wasn't poisonous just a brown snake. I am so not a fan of them at all I can do mice, lizards etc but I draw the line at the snakes.
DeleteShelley, I am the same way only with mice. I will shreek and scream like a little girl and run. Even do the old cartoon stance of getting on a chair. I absolutley cringe thinking about mice. I don't like snakes but they don't scare me as bad as a mouse. Eeeek!!
ReplyDeleteI would have been petrified. I hate snakes! Reading this sent chills down my spine. :)
ReplyDelete