This post is long over due but never had the time or right
words to put it all together.
September 8th a very good friend of mine got married to an
amazing guy. My two boys were asked to be in the wedding and were super excited
to get to dress up and look like the big guys. I was a bit nervous coming up to
the wedding rehearsal that they would freak out and not do what they were
supposed to. Blake was carrying the ring bearer pillow and walking with the
flower girl and Nathan was walking with another little boy. They would each
carry a sign. The morning of the wedding I got them up and ready they were so
excited and Nathan kept calling his tie his necklace and his black shoes his
wedding day shoes. They looked so darn cute! I took them to meet Dwayne as he
was taking them on to St. Elizabeth to hang out with the rest of the guys and
do pictures this was at 9 am and the wedding was at 1. I was worried about them
keeping their tuxes clean and slightly worried about Nathan getting tired and
crabby.
I had Amanda help me fix my hair that morning then Kenny and
I got ready and headed to the wedding. I was afraid we would get there to close
to time and not get a good seat so I could see the boys. Well we were able to
get a great seat and we saw the boys for a couple minutes before the wedding
and they were doing just fine (which was a huge relief to me) Even got to see
the beautiful bride before the wedding :) When it came time for the wedding I
realized that even though I charged my camera batteries all night they wouldn't
work so all I had was my phone to take pictures which really really bummed me
out and still does that I won't have any pictures of the wedding or the kids
walking down the isle. Blake came down ahead of Nathan and of course did great
and then Nathan walked down and had his sign turned the wrong way part of the
time then saw me up towards the front and ran to me. I was hoping he would have
went on by me and up with the guys. He climbed up on my lap and after April
walked up he fell asleep on my lap an slept for the rest of the ceremony. It
was a very nice ceremony April did an amazing job with decorations.
I couldn't wait for them to exchange the rings at the
ceremony I knew I was to far back to really see the ring but I still was
excited. I knew that April's ring was going to be a surprise for everyone and
couldn't wait to see their reactions to it. She had told me about the ring a
couple months ago and I kept quiet about it but really didn't know until the
day of the wedding that I was the only
one she had told about it. I almost cried was honored to have got to know
about a special part of her big day that no one else did. I knew when I saw the
ring in person it was the right choice and right ring for her and could tell
how much she loved it.
The only picture of the four of us and then only one of the boys and me.
After the wedding and the pictures the wedding party went on
a hay ride which the boys were allowed to go on. Blake was so excited and I
heard Nathan cried on the way there. He hadn't ever been on a hay ride and was
surrounded by people he had only met that day. But they said once they got
there he did good can't wait to see pictures from that as well.
Love this picture the boys looked so cute sitting there and Nathan was on April's lap.
When it came time for the dinner Kenny the kids and I sat
down with another couple we knew. Connie came up and told us we had a spot up
at one of the front tables to sit for dinner. I was thinking I didn't hear her
right but I got up and went to look. April had each of our names at a place
sitting at the table with her parents and grandparents. I had a hard time
holding back the tears. I never expected to have seats up there with her family
and I think it was just as much of a shock to Kenny. So we moved up there with
the kids and ate dinner. The food was awesome, Nathan devoured the corn and the
rolls and even ate some chicken. The cake was also wonderful and of course the
kids had to eat some of it too. No I didn't get pictures of the cakes either
since my phone didn't take very good pictures in that building bummer.
If I would have been smart and thinking I would have took pictures of all our place sittings and kept our name cards..... Duh......
Blake made himself a new little friend that day Kylie the
flower girl. They were pretty inseparable the entire evening after the
ceremony. She is a bit younger than him but must love farming tractors and cows
as much as him because I have never seen him be like that with another kid. I
may be in trouble in a few years :)
By 7 the kids were getting tired of their tuxes so I helped
them both change, Blake wanted to change so he could really play and run and
not worry about getting dirty. Nathan just wanted his necklace off. When my
mother in law left around 8 the kids wanted to go with her. I wish Blake would
have stayed to get to dance with the other kids at the reception but I knew he
was exhausted.
We stayed for a while longer and danced a few slow songs and
then did the dollar dance which seemed to go on for a very long time. I guess I
didn't realize how many people were still there until they were all lined up to
dance with Mike and April.
I am very happy for Mike and April and can't wait for them
to have kids so I can spoil them just as much as they both spoil my boys. Blake
said he really likes Mike and when I asked why he said duh mom he's a farmer
and drives trucks. Guess April did good picking a guy that Blake approved of
since she has always been HIS April.
No comments:
Post a Comment