Friday, September 28, 2012

What a week!

This has been a week its been busy, long, emotional, tiring and not much sleep. I knew going in to the week that Wednesday Kenny would leave for Chicago for school for two days. Ok no big deal he's done that a lot I have survived with the kids. However on Monday I could tell it was going to be a very trying week for my patience.

First part of the week I got a text from one of my closest best friends telling me she would be moving in January. Her husband is in the Air Force and right now they are in Illinois just a little over an hour from me. Well they are being transferred to.......Hawaii!!! I am happy for her but also very sad because she will no longer be an hour away. We are running our first ever half marathon next month and it will probably be the only race we get to do together before she leaves. The whole first part of the week I was very emotional not sure how to deal with that. I know there is Internet, facebook, text etc but knowing your best friend is far far away sucks. So we have decided to make the most of it and make trips to see each other more before they go and then have one day that is just for us that we can shop get massages eat do what ever we want. So maybe if they are there long enough I can save up some money and take my first ever plane ride and go visit her I have always wanted to see Hawaii.

Tuesday was Nathan's 3rd birthday we ate at McDonald's and he seemed to have had a great birthday.
Wednesday Kenny was leaving and he worked a full day and then came home to get ready. Kenny's parents had asked earlier in the week if they could have Nathan from Wednesday thru Friday. I wasn't to sure about that I was wanting to spend time with the kids. But my patience had been wore thin with their bickering and thought maybe having a break from each other would help.

There was no school for Friday so Blake called his Papa Mitch to ask if he could come over Thursday night and help him farm on Friday. I also had a board meeting Thursday night so it worked out ok that both kids were somewhere that they could stay and not have to be up late then go home and get up early next day. I picked Blake up from school at 5 after his tutoring and we went and ate dinner together. He had been asking to do this for awhile now so we went and ate.

Tonight is another busy night Blake and Nathan are staying the night with Connie and Dwayne. I just hope Nathan don't cry when I drop him off he has been going thru a stage that sometimes he cries when I drop him off. Not sure if its to test my patience or to test his independence. But I am sure both boys will have fun tonight and tomorrow as they always do there.

Tomorrow I will get up early to go help with an auction then mid afternoon leave to get ready to go to a wedding. The wedding is at a winery in St. James I am excited about it never been to a winery and excited to see Stephanie get married and start her new life oh and to try some wine. Hope to get some pictures from the wedding and reception. Dress code is jeans boots and nice shirt and I am pretty sure the seats are haybales. I can't wait to see how she has it all decorated and to see her dress. She loves pink as much as I do so I can bet there will be lots of pink thrown in everywhere!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment