Tuesday, September 4, 2012

6 days off........

Back to work after having 6 days off wish I could post that I did something cool went on an amazing vacation but nope nothing fun and exciting.

Even after being away from work for 6 days I still wasn't ready to come back not sure exactly what that means but I dreaded it all night.

It was the longest time I had taken off in the 9 years of working here and the other two times were 3 weeks maternity leave.

We got some much needed rain but it killed the fair which is why I had taken off work. We had the demo derby Thursday night and then the rest of the events I was scheduled to work were canceled. I did manage to get several boxes emptied and put away at the house and the house is starting to slowly feel like home.

I got my table in my bedroom that I had bought at a auction well I didn't technically bid on it I ended up with it after the sale was over but none the less I love the table and it looks great in my master bedroom. I unpacked my pink and white vase that I got at an auction last fall and put in on the table. Still need to unpack picture frames to place on the lower level of the table and then I will take and post a picture.

Also got to unpack my crocks that I had bought at auctions last year that will sit on my counter top and hold my cooking utensils. And unpacked my purple carnival glass. Its still sitting on the counter until I figure out just where I want to put it.

My grandma had me come over several months ago and look thru all her cabinets and china cabinets and tell her what dishes I would like to have. Yes it felt very weird looking at all the dishes I have grown up seeing in there and telling her yes I want this and that...... Well since we have moved she has asked a couple times for me to come over and pack those items up so I can display them in my new home. I am still a bit weirded out by it and it will be strange to walk in her kitchen and not see the familiar dishes in her cabinet. However I had a friend tell me recently that while it may feel weird I need to go ahead and take the stuff, that it will make her happy knowing I got it. I looked at them a bit strange and they said death changes families and someone may decide they want this or that even tho Grandma told me I could have it. I guess it does make sense she has some nice dishes that I wouldn't want to get thrown away or gave to someone who wasn't family. So once I have all my items in their places I will take pictures and do a post about Grandma's stuff.

Sunday I took the kids to Mike and April's small town of St. Elizabeth for their wedding rehearsal and the boys did good. Blake took his job very seriously (ring bearer) even though he wasn't sure why the real rings won't be on the pillow. Nathan did ok for being tired wore out and hungry. Him and another little boy get to carry signs that say here comes the bride. I just hope he does ok and walks down the aisle like he is supposed to. I am planning to have one of the groomsmen have a little surprise for him when he gets all the way up there.

I am so excited that April is getting married to a great guy and can't wait to do a post about the wedding next week!

2 comments:

  1. See you Saturday! Can't wait to see your boys in their tuxes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what your grandma means about you taking the dishes now. Dodie used to give the grandkids a special dish on their birthday (as they got older) and sometimes at Christmas and tell them who she got it from, etc.
    She gave me some throughout the years and she always enjoyed seeing them displayed at our house. It will bring great joy to your grandma to see them at your new house.
    The boys did great last night. They will have so much fun Saturday.

    ReplyDelete