Ever get to Monday and think gee I need a weekend from the weekend??? That's how I felt this morning as my alarm went off and I looked out to see it was still dark outside.
Was a long busy weekend but had quite a bit of fun along the way. Saturday morning started out way to darn early was up at 5:40 and at the fire house by a little after 6 to start loading the trailer for an auction. Now the weather report said no rain until afternoon then a slight chance. Well it started clouding up while we were packing everything up and by the time we got to the auction it was drizzling. Well that drizzle turned in to a heavy steady rain so from around 8am until noon I was soaked and cold. I was never so happy to get to leave an auction early in my life!!!
I left around noon ran by my work to dry off and change shirts and headed to a wedding shower. The shower had originally been planned to be at a local park under a pavilion but last minute they changed it to Alex's Pizza place which was fine by me! I knew heading to the shower that I would probably not know anyone other than the bride to be and well I was right. Right before the shower started another girl I knew showed up and she sat across from me and she only knew a couple of people there. The shower was nice there were maybe 10-12 people there so the bride to be was able to visit with everyone and we all had a great time. After the shower we had a few hours before the start of the bachelorette party at a local Mexican restaurant. I really didn't want to drive home be there for a few minutes to drive back and I knew Nathan would be upset with me coming and going so quick. Stephanie (the bride to be) told me I could ride out to her house for a bit and we could get dried off and maybe take a nap. A nap sounded lovely as I was cold wet and tired.
We went out to their house which when she said out in the middle of no where she meant it was a beautiful location quiet tranquil and had a very pretty drive along a small creek to get there. We arrived and her fiance was home watching tv. I had worked with him several times on the ambulance but it was a bit weird being at their home. Stephanie told him we were going to take a nap so he needed to take the kids and go watch tv. So we went in to their master bedroom laid down and took a nap together made me feel like a teenager again at a sleep over! I have to admit it was a lovely nap listening to the rain fall and being all warm under the covers was just what we both needed to get our second wind for the next party. We over slept and arrived at the dinner about a half an hour late oh well better late than never!
The dinner was nice we had a good time then went to another girl's house for the rest of the party. I have only ever been to one bachelretee party other than my own and it was a lot of fun. We had jello shots cupcakes and even a game. They had a passion party consultant there which was a first for me and yes my face was red the entire time! After that lady left we just sat visited and had a great time. It was way out of my comfort zone to be in a group of girls I didn't know but it was also fun. I can't wait for their wedding in a couple of weeks as I am sure it will be beautiful and just as fun.
Yesterday I had to be up early again and at the fire house at 8 to start cooking for the Whole Hog Sausage dinner they were having. I usually stay for the whole event which ends at 6 but I was wore out and really missing the kids so when we were done grilling at 2 I went home. Not sure many were happy about it but I frankly didn't care just ready to be home.
No comments:
Post a Comment