This past weekend we didn't have any set plans nothing we HAD to do, however as everyone knows there is always a to do list things that SHOULD be done etc. Well this weekend we threw that list out the window.
Saturday my mom had asked us to all come over for lunch and so the boys could play. Kenny had debated back and forth about going with us and at the last minute decided to go. My mom had called and asked me to bring Blake's bb gun so he and his papa could target practice. Well I made the comment I'd like to shoot my new 22 that I had gotten for Christmas. So we loaded up my gun, Blake's bb gun, and two other 22's that Kenny. Then he decided to bring his newest pistol along a 480 ruger and for those of you who don't know much about guns belive me its heavy huge and imtemidating.
Blake was pretty good at hitting the can when he trys other times he was just shooting
And then here I am shooting my 22 for the first time and not only was it the first time I shot that gun it was the first time I'd ever shot a gun!
And yes for some strange reason I am a left handed shooter, I also bat and golf left handed. But every thing else I do right handed. I know I am a bit odd....
Then I got brave and wanted to shoot the big pistol. Kenny was shocked I wanted to try it and then worried I would drop it. I was worried it would kick and knock me on the ground. However I decided to just go for it and see what happened. I not only shot it I hit the target and was closer to the bulls eye than he was!
You can't really see the whole gun but the barrell is as long as the scope is and then some. It was super heavy but I was so glad I put the fear aside and shot it!
I am glad you had the chance to put everything aside and just try something new! I bet your boys had fun!
ReplyDeleteGood job, Shelley!! I can't even hardly lift Dwayne's pistol. lol
ReplyDelete