Friday, March 18, 2011

5 Question Friday

I have debated doing the 5 Question Friday for a couple hours now. As soon as I saw what question no. 1 was I was like nope not participating this week. But then realized I decided to just go ahead and do it.

1. Have you ever testified in court? For what?

In August of 1999 when I was 16 I was suponeded to appear at a murder trial along with my mom and a couple of our neighbors. The trial was expected to take a week which meant I had to miss a week of school and on top of that it was over a two hour drive away from home. They wanted to serve my supena at school but the sheriff and one of the deputies of Maries County fought it and allowed my mom to take me to the courthouse to be served. Thankfully I didn't have to get up and testify but I had to go thru all the questioning and all the what ifs how to's and see all the gory pictures of 3 of my friends. It was not a fun thing at all and not something I was able to talk to any of my friends about. I hope that is as close as I will ever get to having to testify in a courtroom!

2. Do you still have your wedding dress?
Yep sure do its hanging in the closet way in the back. Honestly haven't looked at it since my wedding day 7.5 years ago. I only wore it for a few hours just for the ceremony and the ride to the reception, since we had an outdoor reception in the middle of August we all changed clothes to be cooler plus I knew my dress would get ruined if I wore it all night.


3. Is there a special place you like to go when you're happy, sad, stressed, etc.?
If I am sad or stressed I want to be around friends and family who I know can cheer me up.


4. If you have kids, do they sleep with you? If you don't have kids...will you let your kids sleep with you when/if you have them?
NO they do not sleep with us and never have. Blake does on rare occasion if its storming and wakes him up but when the storm is over he usually goes right back to his room. He likes having room to toss and turn.


5. Do you watch late night TV?
Nope if I am up late at night watching TV I am catching up on shows I have recorded to the DVR but I don't watch any of the late night shows.

2 comments:

  1. I knew your Mom was up there all week for the trial but didn't know until this year you had to go up, too. How awful for you!! The whole tragic event was hard enough on you without you having to be questioned and shown pictures.
    It' okay to talk about it and I'm sure everyone feels bad for what you had to endure.
    You are a wonderful person and I'm glad we became close to you and your family.
    April sent me a picture of Nathan last night, so cute!! Miss those little guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't handle Daniel sleeping in our bed, but he did last night. I get so much LESS sleep since I need more room!

    I've never had to testify either, and I would rather not. You had such a hard thing happen to you so young. I think you will be so compassionate towards your kids if they are ever in a position with courts or even the principal's office since you had that experience.

    I haven't looked at my dress in 5.5 years! I think its in my parents closet! It was so pretty... but I am happy that its not taking space up in my closet!!!!

    ReplyDelete