Blake has always been in to farming, tractors and cows. One of his first words was tractor I think well before he ever said papa or grandma. He was the first grandchild and first great grand child on both sides of the family. My step dad and mom watched him quite a bit from the time he was born until he started preschool. His papa would take him out on the farm to do feeding and farming chores. Still to this day he loves going over there and helping farm and feed cows. Two winters ago he got to be in charge of staying in the tractor and helping to grind and mix the feed for the cows while his papa was filling the grinder mixer he would tell Blake to turn it on or off. He has known how to start a tractor since he was two!
Well this week was spring break from school and Sunday afternoon I dropped him off at my parents house as he wanted to spend the night and spend all day farming. Each day he would call and ask if he could stay another night and ended up staying until Wednesday evening! It was the first time he had ever stayed away from home that long and the first time he had ever spent more than one night there.
Of course he spent hours telling me about the chores they did where they went on the farm and how many cows they fed.
Now he gets a new farming experiences with turkeys! And later this month he will get to go spend some time with April and help Mike with farming chores and he is so excited. I am glad that he is able to get such experiences while growing up. When I was young my grandparents had cattle and I was around people who baled hay took care of farms etc. With all the high tech computers, cell phones, ipods and tv I am glad that Blake loves to be outdoors helping with farming chores. Who knows someday he may own his papa's farm and have his own cattle to care for.
No comments:
Post a Comment