Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lemon Pie

I like sweets of all sorts cookies, cakes, pies, cobblers etc. But my all time favorite dessert is lemon meringue pie. But I don't just like any lemon pie it has to be the cooked pudding and have a yummy crust and meringue. For years my grandma was on the top of the list for the best lemon pie and she usually makes me one for my birthday instead of a birthday cake and then at Christmas she will make one and I get to take home what ever is left. The one good thing is I am the only one in my house that eat it and I can devour a whole pie in oh half a day! Yeah that's right I have been known to eat an entire lemon pie in less than a day!!!

This past weekend Brenda made two lemon pies one for the pie auction and one for her to keep at her house to eat. She asked me if I would like to come over before the pie supper and have a piece. I have to tell you it beat out my grandma's pie by far! I ate two pieces before we left, I told Don I wanted to bid on her pie when they auctioned it off and that I would pay up to 30.00 for it. However it sold for 42.50 so no pie for me. But I was lucky enough to go by there and get two more pieces on my way home that night that.

A little birdie told me that she had plans to make me a lemon pie as part of my birthday gift, and I am already tasting it!

This isn't a picture of her pie I wasn't thinking quick enough to take a picture of hers before I scarfed it down!

2 comments:

  1. I have had a pregnancy craving for lemonade lately... this is something I might start to crave now, too!

    ReplyDelete