Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Trip to St. Louis to meet the Pioneer Woman

Ok I know that the trip to meet Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond was almost two weeks ago. But I just got the pictures emailed to me and just now taking time to create this post.

It was a fun day with two great friends! We got to explore of bit of St. Louis and knew we wouldn't get lost since we had our trusty sidekick Betsy.
Below is a picture of a tunnel, it was the first time for each of us to ever ride thru a tunnel like that. Made me think of New York or some big city that has fancy tunnels that go on for miles. Luckily this one was pretty short.
Then we drove all the way down Lindbergh to the Big Foot Store but it closed at noon, which I thought was a bit strange it would only been open 3 hours on a Saturday. I had wanted to go in and find Blake a dvd of Metor cartoon that he and April used to watch every morning.

We thought we were going to be first in line since we arrived at 4pm and the book signing didn't start until 6 and to our surprise there was already a line! So we stood outside in line eagerly waiting the time to pass to go in and see Ree!
And here is a picture of the line at the building.We should have tried to get another picture before we went in, however we were to excited that it was time to go in and sit down.
Once inside we sat and patiently waited for.....

She claimed to be bad at speaking in front of crowds but I thought she did a great job. I would have been so nervous I couldn't see or think straight.
Oh and she brought him with her.... Marlboro Man!

Then it was finally our turn to go in the little room where she was signing books and we got these pictures taken.

It was a super neat experience getting to meet someone who has a great blog, cookbook and a awesome book. Even more fun to get your picture taken with her, she made sure to talk to everyone in between signing the books and getting pictures taken. She was so down to earth and sweet, would love to have her as a neighbor!!.

Here is a picture of my book after she signed it. Picture isn't great since I took it with my phone.

1 comment:

  1. I had such a great time. Meeting Ree was more awesome than meeting some big star. She is so nice and humble.
    Great day!!

    ReplyDelete