Wow what a busy weekend but it was a really good weekend! I ended up baking 160 cupcakes some were to give away and the rest were for the kids cake walk. I had never ever baked that much at one time in my life. I will post pictures of the finished cupcakes later.
The Pie Supper/Cake Walk was a success it was nice seeing what our hard work did. I was sure wore out when we were done cleaning up at 10:30pm but it was well worth it. Although I made sure to steer clear of the auctioneers line of sight during the pie auction I knew he would try to get me to bid on something. Before the auction started he kept trying to get me to tell him what my favorite pie was. We had well behaved kids in the kids cake walk which was a huge blessing. Then for the adult cake walk I was nervous but it went over really well. There was a little girl who was wanting to help so I let her pull the numbers out of the basket. She was to cute I really should have got a picture of her. Anyway one of the couples doing the cake walk had won a jump rope as a gag gift for being voted wildest couple. He told the little girl if she drew his number she could have the jump rope. A few turns later we drew his number and he handed it to her she looked at me and said I have never had a jump rope before, my heart broke for her. A girl who had never had her own jump rope heck those are a dollar or less at stores and you can find them at goodwill etc. So when we were cleaning up she asked me if I could jump rope I said yes and she handed me the rope. She was so amazed that I would jump rope with her. We were able to get a few other adults to join in the fun. However it wasn't fun the next day! I am sore sore sore.
Yesterday we attended a birthday party for a friend of ours who's daughter is turning 6. It was an outdoor party and a little on the cool side. They had a soccer ball there so I was out there running and playing with the kids. I was surprised at how quick Blake has gotten in running and playing soccer. He was taking on a kid who was twice his age, but I was very proud of him for getting out there and playing. When I was that age I would never go out and do anything like that I was always to shy. Nathan was clinging to me the whole party and I got him to eat a hotdog and some chips. Then he found out they had cheese ball things (just like a cheese curl only a ball super messy) Brenda gave him some then he saw that Don had some on his plate so we sat by him until he ate all of them. So when it came time for cake and ice cream Nathan spent his time walking between the two of them eating cake.
Tonight I am taking Blake to a storm spotters class then home to build his leprechaun trap. I will hopefully have pictures to post tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment