I have never been one that was "in to" sports. Yeah I will watch a baseball game if its on tv where ever I am at or will watch some of a basketball game. But as far as having favorite teams or making sure I record each game or I'm home in time that's just never been me.
When I was a little kid my dad always always watched NASCAR every weekend. I would sit and watch with him my favorite part was the wrecks. Well as I got older I quit watching up until recently.
A few weeks back I was invited to a friends house after church to watch part of the Daytona 500. Well I watched it and was instantly infactuated just like when I was a kid. However many rules had changed there were new drivers but it was still interesting. Since then I have been recording and watching the Saturday and Sunday races. Blake started watching with me and his favorite car is the green one (Mark Martin) just because it's green. Then this past weekend Kenny sat and watched both races with me and actually enjoyed it.
I don't have a favorite driver per say. Growing up my favorite was Rusty Wallace who has since retired. I liked watching 20 year old Trevor Bayne win the Daytona 500. Of course I like watching Danica Patrick on Saturdays since she is one of the few women to make it in the racing circuit and actually does pretty well. And I am a fan of women succeeding at things that are said to be "guy" things.
So glad we have DVR so I can record the races and then watch them commercial free! Of course one of my favorite parts is watching and waiting for the big wrecks to happen.
My dad loves watching the race. I just don't get it. But I don't enjoy any sports on TV... except maybe Olympics...and there are lots of biographies and other things on besides the event to keep my attention! I feel fortunate that Dan doesn't even watch baseball on TV!
ReplyDelete