Friday, January 28, 2011

One down many more to go

Well all my nerves were really for nothing because as soon as I got there found my spot which I already knew where I would sit as the seating hadn't changed from the days my mom was Secretary. I got my laptop out and all set up and then the President and Treasurer handed out lots of papers to look at I quickly freaked and then told myself to calm down that it would all work out just fine. The meeting started and it was like I fell right in to place knew what to do and even joined in some of the discussions. I already knew all the board members and the President said see there is nothing to be nervous about you know everyone. The meeting was pretty long and I typed a couple pages of notes that I now need to look over revise and put in to the form for the next meeting. The meeting lasted quite awhile and when I got home I was pleased to see that the kids were already bathed fed and sound asleep. So I got some nice quiet time with Kenny which was super nice after he had been out of town most of the week. Of course he had tons of questions about my meeting which was nice.
Before the meeting we had hair cuts scheduled for Blake, Nathan and Kenny. I knew I would be cutting it very close on time from dropping them off to me getting back to the fire house. While we were there Donnie came by and was giving me a hard time about being over dressed for the meeting. He stayed and was getting his hair cut when we left. I think he knew how nervous I was since he has known me since I was really little and knows its way out of my comfort zone.
I emailed the Treasurer this morning and told her to let me know if she needed help with anything as I could tell last night she is very overwhelmed with her duties. I also realized she ended up taking on some of the duties that I know the Secretary and President used to help with and now she does it all on her own. She replied and thanked me for the offer and said she would really appreciate my help.
So very happy the meeting went so well and that I felt right at home with the group of people, I guess being around the fire department my whole time growing up really paid off. I absorbed more information than I realized back then.

1 comment:

  1. it won't be long before you're really comfortable and it feels like home sitting in your official secretary chair! it sounds like you were soooo nervous but i'm glad you toughed it out. just think---the hardest part is over. there will only be one "first meeting". eventually you will get to focus more on your duties and not worry so much. keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete