Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday thoughts......

I have worked my tail off the last few weeks at work and I think it may finally be paying off. I think I have a handle on all the files in the office that I need to work on.

Starting today I will be doing the single parent thing until Thursday while I know I can do this it sure doesn't make it any easier on me or the kids. Need to keep myself extra busy with them and after their bed time keep myself busy with cleaning and working out.

Also this week will be my first official meeting as the new Secretary, I know they don't expect me to know it all first meeting or to be perfect. But I am nervous about being liked which is strange considering I know everyone yet the fear that I need to prove myself is there. I did find out that there aren't more than 10 people at most meetings and I won't have to sit up in front of everyone as they put the tables in a u shape.

Most everyone I have told about this thinks its great I have had a couple that are like why in the world would you want to do this. While it would be easy to get discouraged by them I know this is the right thing for me. However I haven't told anyone in my family other than my mom about this position and no one in my husband's side of the family knows. I can already hear what his grandma and mom's reaction will be and it won't be a nice comment either. So I figure what's the point of telling people whom I know won't be supportive and  happy for me. My husband was on the fence about the whole thing and after I got my official email he was cool with it and asking tons of questions. I really think it surprised him about how much I knew about the Fire Department, Firefighting and the workings of the board. He always knew that I was around it growing up but apparently never realized how much I knew.

I really need to get into a workout routine and make it a daily habit they say it takes 21 days to form a new habit so I guess I need to start and stick with it. I have a goal I want to reach by October and with January almost gone I really need to set a plan that will stick into action. Since it will just be me in the house after bedtime I think I will use the wii a bit more and try some more advanced workouts. We need to make a healthy lifestyle change for us as well as for our kids. I want to be able to continue to run and play with them and not get to the point to where I can't because of weight or health.

1 comment: