Tuesday, January 18, 2011

This is the week......

Well the wait is almost over... I was told yesterday that the meeting to decide the new Fire Department Secretary is going to be on Thursday. However I wished that I wouldn't have known until oh say Thursday.
I did however come to this realization yesterday after a talk with a friend. The Fire Department has always been a part of my life my dad was a fire fighter my mom's best friend was one of the only women fire fighters on the department. My mom helped with alot of fundraisers and then was the Fire Department secretary for several years. Its only natural that I have a passion for it and never realized how much so until I was in highschool.
In being back around everyone and everything it has been very hard to be around it but not a part of it. In my mind to be a part of it was to be a fire fighter. Yesterday I realized that helping with the fundraisers and auctions was being involved. Being the secretary is more involvement than most of the fire fighters have and I will be contributing a lot more to the department than if I was just a fire fighter. Yes it will still be hard being there and hearing the pagers go off knowing I can't go and be a part of that I am just very happy that I am being one of the people selected to become the new Fire Department Secretary.
I have a feeling that I will also be the youngest board member they have ever had, thankfully most all of the other board members have known me since I was Blake's age. There are a few members that may not like someone so young coming in but I am prepared to show them I can do this job and do it well.
So hopefully on Friday I can make a post with the results of the meeting as I am sure I will hear Thursday night (even if its unofficially since I am sure the chief won't be able to wait for the president to call me) if I have the job.

1 comment:

  1. I agree... I would have preferred to know about the meeting AFTER it was over, not before! I think it was respectful to you that they told you about this, however. You have time to mull it over and prepare your heart for a change of lifestyle.

    If they choose someone else for some other reason (even a bad one like age preference) I hope you continue with this fire dept when you are emotionally ready to. I can tell how you enjoy being involved and how it is a passion for you. It is a really good hobby you can have your whole life!

    ReplyDelete