Well it's taken me all day to try and get my thoughts in order for this post. And I am not real sure they are there yet but I need to blog about it anyway.
Last night after work we decided to come back to town to do our weekly shopping and go out to eat. We normally do this on Friday night but with the chance of more snow coming today we decided to go it a day early. I was still super nervous watching my phone even though I knew I wouldn't get the call or text before 8 at the earliest. We did our shopping and ate dinner and headed home. I had to stop at the bank and post office which is right next to the fire department. I saw that everyone was still there for the meeting and Kenny asked what was going on there, I said that's the group of people who will determine who the next Secretary will be. After the kids went to bed I was still awaiting the call or text and to pass the time Kenny and I played wii which was fun and a good workout.
8:30 came and went and then it was 9:00 came and I was getting worried figuring yep meeting is done and I didn't get it. Then 9:21 I get the call while it was the unofficial call it was still the one I needed, I was excited and happy and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't play wii very good after that. I got the official email at 10pm last night from the president, and in her email she told me that Don told her to wait awhile as he wanted to be the first to tell me.
I found out that the first meeting is Thursday January 27! That scares the tar out of me, I was thinking I had a month to mentally prepare but I only have 6 days. I know I will do fine and I was told today that the vote was unanimous for me even with another person nominated for the position.
Still very nervous and anxious to find out what exactly all my duties are but I know that the Treasurer and President and well even the Vice President will be there supporting me the whole way. The President knows how nervous I am and I am sure she remembers her first time after being nominated and elected as President.
A better post will follow with more information and of course a post after my first official meeting as Secretary.
SO exciting! I think you are allowed a few months' grace period... where mistakes are normal and lots of questions are what SHOULD happen! You cannot be perfect if you don't even know what perfect looks like! Maybe in a few years you can work towards perfect.., :)
ReplyDeleteYea! I can't wait to hear what all your duties are as well! Will this effect your current job at all, or will you be able to do both of them? Good luck! Can't wait to hear about it.
ReplyDelete