Thursday, April 15, 2010

What a week this has been

Last week was stressful playing the role of single mommy. But we managed and survived it. The weekend was busy with having family time and driving around getting bids for our new house which we are super close to having them all in yay!!!



This weekend will be just as busy, I am in a wedding on Saturday the rehearsal is Friday night after work. I am apprehensive on how I look and feel in my dress everyone that has either seen me in it and those I have emailed a picture to say I look great. Just not sure if I believe them or if I am getting an honest opinion. But I always second guess how I look and feel in things so its really nothing new per say but it’s the first time I have became OCD about it in a long time.

All week I have been restricting food and getting in extra workouts and burning as many calories as I can to shed a few more pounds before Saturday and well the hard work is paying off because the dress fit today and didn’t have much trouble zipping it. But I am not going to let my guard down because Saturday is still far off and I want to lose a couple more pounds just so I can have breathing room in the dress. I hope to get a good picture of me all dressed up and will post it next week.


Blake is starting to catch on when we tell him he can’t have something because its not good for him or its junk food and he has started asking daddy why he drinks soda if its not good for you??? It’s a good question we want our kids to grow up eating healthy or as healthy as possible and not drink soda daily just for special outings but yet we drink it and eat junk and he notices. I was never allowed to have soda at home only got to drink it when we went out to eat on Friday nights and I still to this day rarely drink more than one a day if that. Although mountain dew is hard to give up once you get started on it you crave it daily. So I think this summer I will really work on our food habits now that Blake is learning what is good healthy food and what isn’t. I am thankful he’s one of those kids who don’t like to eat junk until he gets sick and really the only candy he does like are m&m’s and Hershey bars.

Nathans big accomplishment of the week…. He started saying momma and bubba its so darn cute. He will start saying bubba when he wakes up until he sees Blake and then he smiles real big. He is also becoming more efficient crawling and exploring rooms.

1 comment:

  1. i can't believe nathan is already saying little words! that is AMAZING. i haven't visited my blog friends in waaaaay too long (i blame it on the new job). but all the little ones are growing up too fast and i'm missing it!

    ReplyDelete