Why is it that we can let a number on the scale rule our life?? Depending on its reading depends on what you eat drink and how you feel that day.
I have no idea on how many years I have let the number on the scale dictate my mood for the day. I will weigh morning noon and night and lots of times in between when I am trying to get to a certain number. Back in Highschool I wanted the number to read 100 or below thought that would be a “good” weight. Now I just want to be the number I was when we got married 6 and a half years ago.
The scale has became an unhealthy relationship for me, but saying goodbye is hard and causes anxiety. Right before my birthday I had decided to cut off the ties with the scale and limit to only weighing a couple times a week, and to not let that number determine my moods. Well the day of my birthday Sunday April 25th my scale died, I got on it that morning as I always do and found that it was reading odd numbers and not giving an accurate reading. Of course my husband quickly says well we will get batteries when we go to the store tonight. He has never really found it odd that I weigh so much but I have done this since we started dating back in October 1998. Luckily he didn’t remember the batteries and I didn’t mention it because I am not going to replace them anytime soon.
I noticed that Blake has watched me on the scale numerous times and he now wants to weigh to see how much he has grown each time he is in the bathroom. That is NOT a habit I want him to have. We have talked to him about why we are over weight and why its important that he eats healthy now and limits junk and soda to special occasions. He wants to be just like daddy which is great but we don’t want him to have a weight problem. Its hard to lead as a good example for your child when you struggle each day to make the right choices and were never taught the importance of healthy eating and exercising.
So as stressful as it is I no longer have a scale to get on numerous times a day and night at home, its been extremely hard not knowing what my number is but I have to learn to focus on how I feel inside and out and how my clothes fit.
No comments:
Post a Comment