I have tons of work to get done before 5 since I am off tomorrow yet I needed a mental break from it all so I decided to blog.
My mood has been out of whack since last Saturday along with that my eating hasn't been great. I am going thru the motions eating when I know I should walking on my lunch break being wife, mommy, work full time etc... Food choices have been poor to say the least but I am eating which for a few close friends that know me well know that is an accomplishment.
Exercise has been lack luster but I have made an attempt going out on my lunch break and just going until my body says ok turn around go back some days it was more than a mile some days less. But I have made the point to do it.
Stress is over the top partly because I am letting things get to me and partly because things are happening I can't control yet feel I should.
Mood has been so off this week even my boss asked what was up today saying my mood hasn't been right all week.
Tomorrow I scheduled a vacation day of course my boss told me I needed to do something fun. I said it would be fun but didn't say what. I decided to work with my second job for a few hours tomorrow doing a docudrama at the local high school. Its a mock vehicle wreck that the highschoolers come to watch us do our thing. They have kids in cars all made up to look like victims and the Ambulance, Fire, Cops, and heard even the coroner come. We make it look as real as possible trying to teach teens not to text and drive, or drink and drive and to pay attention and not be distracted by their friends in the car. I haven't been a part of this since I was a fire and rescue student in highschool and I am excited to be a part of it again.
Since that will only be 5 hour out of my day I hope the weather warms back up and I can do something fun with the kids that afternoon and then do something as a family that evening. I don't have any days off until April 27 then not off again until mid May.
The other night we had some surprise company and the kids loved it!
Connie brought Ashlyne and Zach over to drop off some cookie dough I had ordered a couple months back. The kids were beyond excited and of course didn't have to do much begging for the big kids to play with them.
The kids (all 4 of them) were wore out by the time they left and they were there maybe an hour :)
Saw this online earlier this week and its pretty fitting for me right now. I feel like I have to keep proving myself and maybe those who are standing in my way are ones that are afraid to see me do that.
We did get the tv hooked up in the exercise room so I can watch movies while on treadmill now to just find the extra energy or someone to text me early in morning and tell me to get my butt up and run... Also got the bowflex hooked up and played with it some the other night and I am ready to start using it as well.
I know all the stress will pass and things will work out and I hope this mood lifts soon or it could be a long weekend! I work my first 24 hour shift Saturday get off at 8am then head straight to the fire dept to cook for our whole hog sausage dinner.
I hope you had some time to yourself for your day off, I know they are few and far between. Glad the kiddos had some fun playing!
ReplyDeleteLove that quote BTW, seriously a great one.
Good luck on the long shift!:)