Monday, April 22, 2013

A nice surprise after a long weekend.....

I will do a post about Friday which was a vacation day from my Monday thru Friday job later. Still waiting to see if I can find some more pictures before I post about that day.

It was a very long weekend working Friday (on my day off) and then my first 24 hour shift at my second job. Followed up with cooking all day at the fire department after getting off the 24 hour shift.


I got a text from my best friend Saturday afternoon asking if I had received a package yet.. I hadn't been home since early that morning but couldn't remember if I had checked the mail then or not. Saturday was busy and I never really gave it much thought. Sunday was hectic getting off work changing and heading straight to the fire house. I had talked to Kenny a couple times he never said anything about any package so I figured it hadn't shown up yet.

Once I get done and finally get home around 5pm I walk in to find this box on my counter.
Excited don't even begin to describe how I felt. I hadn't got anything from her since she moved to Hawaii and I had no idea what to expect in the box.

I should have took individual pictures but I think the exhaustion had wore on me. Anyway the two shell necklaces on the top left are for my boys. I got a coconut bra a beautiful lei that is pink and brown. Two very pretty bracelets and a bag of macadamia nut Hershey kisses. Found out that you can only get those in Hawaii and oh boy are they amazing! I am not a fan of nuts or candies with nuts but these are to die for!  I also got my costume for my race next February that is Hawaiian themed. Its a grass skirt and full get up that goes with it. I haven't taken it out of the package yet but I will soon. Still not sure how the coconut bra works lol....

I wore my new bracelet today and LOVE it. I honestly was almost in tears by the time I went thru everything in the box.

She got the stuff to me prior to my birthday so it was a great way to start the birthday week. I haven't really been looking forward to turning 30 so this was a nice unexpected surprise to get after a long hard weekend.


3 comments:

  1. Fun! What a nice surprise:) The 30's are the best! I feel like I am finally figuring out who I am and what drives me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am not sure why 30 is bothering me so much but it is... But maybe it will be my time to really figure myself out!

      Delete
  2. awww what a wonderful friend!!! I can't even imagine a 24 hour shift, pretty sure I've had started gnawing on the package to get it open

    ReplyDelete