Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wednesday

Noticed I had taken quite a few pictures of things I have seen or that have been part of my weekend or week. Since I don't have time for weekend recaps and with my new job I can't really talk much about my weekend.

Yesterday I took a vacation day from my Monday thru Friday job to go to my second job for more orientation. Was supposed to get the office part out of the way we won't go in to how that went. But I ended up working with two awesome crews and they taught and showed me more in half a day than I had learned my other two orientation days! Both medics I worked with yesterday I will work with in the upcoming months on a couple shifts I got to drive a lot which is still nerve wrecking but getting better and then talking on the radio. That still scares me I am afraid I will forget what to say or say something wrong. Doesn't help when the medic is next to you saying weird things trying to get you to mess up... I was supposed to work 12 hours yesterday however at 7pm we had a call to do a transfer so I went along since it was to a hospital I had never been to.

When I pulled up at that hospital I my jaw hit the ground when I saw this truck.
Looks like a fire truck however its an ambulance in the city of St. Louis.... Now I thought the ambulances around here were huge ours looked tiny next to it. Still kicking myself for not getting a picture of them side by side.

We looked inside the cab and the thing looks like a command center! I wouldn't want to drive it in a busy city..

The back part where the patient is at is ten times bigger than anything around my local area. And I am sure they get paid double what we do here. I kept hoping the Medic with the truck would come outside because I was going to ask to really look inside.

Saw this in the walmart parking lot Friday night and had to wait for others to stop taking pictures so I could get one. It was a pretty neat van Kenny and I debated on what kind of person was driving it. My guess was a college age kid. They had put a lot of work and time in to the van.

We followed this lovely tall tractor for quite a ways on Saturday. There was a car in between us and the tractor and it looked like the car could have drove right under it.


This plane was super cool to look at and well if you saw just the front part its color scheme looks like the oscar myer weinermobile :) It was a fun experience and I told the flight crew they had a super cool job. I could ride in a plane like that well I think... Way better than the tiny helicopters I have seen.

Saturday while I was at work Kenny the boys and my Grandpa plowed up the garden spot. Looks like we will be having a HUGE garden this year. I am excited to show the kids about gardening (and to show Kenny) I grew up helping my grandparents garden and learned so much and thought it was fun. Hope my boys enjoy the same thing and have long lasting memories.

While I was working in the yard I knew Nathan had went in and asked for a cup of milk I figured he would be back outside. When he wasn't I walked around to their bedroom window and took this picture. Apparently a day of plowing with daddy wears a boy out. Well that and daddy lets them stay up late when mommy isn't home....

Life is crazy busy and some days I feel like I am drowning but I will figure out the happy medium balance of all my jobs and duties and make it work. I really really love my new job secretly wish it paid enough that I could do just it.






2 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures of the different vehicles. I totally vote mid 20's stoner driving that van, but that's just me!

    I know what it's like to feel like you're drowning with everything going on. In fact I finally came out and posted about some of that today. Life is crazy and it's hard to get through it unscathed. The best thing we can do is learn when to ask for help. I am horrible at it but I am trying to learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the mid 20's stoner was my guess or and old hippie having his midlife crisis :)

      I don't like to ask for help either was raised to be very independant and while its nice it makes other times very hard!

      Delete