Also decided to post on facebook to see if anyone had any prom dresses they wanted to donate. We have had quite a few dropped off. So it was decided that this Saturday we would advertise that any girl in need of a prom dress could come try on dresses and if they found one they loved it was theirs. I am excited to get to be there tomorrow to help with this and really hope we get some girls stop by.
Here is the facebook post:
Emergency Services Workers has the honor of helping two
Prom Princesses go to prom. Both girls are seniors, beautiful on the inside as
well as the outside, and have been accepted to very hard colleges. We have been
blessed with some very special people to help make this night magical for these
two young ladies. Someone sent us this facebook message and we wanted to share
it. She ran up to me all excited that she gets to go to prom and showed me the
letter and everything. Just thought I would let you know how your making a
girl's night :) This is what is ALL about!!!
Prom and all that goes with it has changed so much since I was in highschool can't believe how much is spent on dresses! Not to mention hair and nails! I'm glad we will be able to help some girls go to prom with a pretty dresses to dance the night away!

I donated all of my prom dresses afterwards, It was nice knowing someone else was going to be able to use it!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome you donated your dresses!
Delete