Monday, April 8, 2013

The Weekly Chase

Having two paying jobs leaving me one day off a week is going to take a bit to get used to along with being  wife mom oh and fire fighter and secretary on fire dept board.... Haven't even begun having auctions to work for the fire dept yet.. I will really need to learn how to fit ME time in and still make time for everything else.


Last week my goals were:

1- Joined a 7 day sugar detox challenge so that will be a huge goal for the week. This was way harder than I thought I did about 95% all week of cutting out added sugar and processed foods. There were a few meals/snacks I failed but compared to what I had ate the week prior I am happy.

2-Challenge Goal- To learn to not let others thoughts and opinions affect me and my mood. Success well for one week anyway. I need to stand my ground for what I want/believe.

3-Challenge Goal- Spend more time with my family especially my kids my new second job is going to take me away most weekends. So I want to take them to the park after work during the week or play outside with them. Did good spent every evening with the kids a couple nights Kenny didn't work late so we got to watch tv and catch up after the boys went to bed. I was outside with all 3 of them all day yesterday even though a nap sounded better at times.

4-Continue to bring lunch from home daily and if not then make it a healthy salad or sandwich All but two days.

5-Keep the laundry caught up 50% on this I got the laundry all washed yesterday and half of it put away.

6-Get in 2-3 cardio workouts this week Epic fail... I got lots of activity cleaning playing with kids but as far as doing walks/runs on my lunch hour didn't happen however that will change this week.

7-Continue with squats/planks and arms with free weights. Squats yes planks I have fell off plank a day wagon..... Free weights nope unless you count lifting a 30 pound 3 year old or 50 pound 7.5 year old. And the stretchers in and out of the ambulance that weigh probably 50+ pounds....


This week my goals are.

1-Challenge goal continue to spend time with the boys and hubby I have a training meeting tonight and work ambulance 12 hours tomorrow and 16 hours on Saturday so I need to make the rest of the evenings count.

2-Challenge goal quit letting my negative thoughts tell me I can't. This is daily struggle one I have had since I was about 7 or 8.

3- Get in 3 workouts this week and continue with squats pushups and restart on daily plank.

4-Eat healthy for breakfast lunch and dinner but allow myself one cheat meal for each breakfast lunch and dinner just not on same day.

5-Stay caught up on chores and laundry.

6 comments:

  1. Great job Shelley!!! I love that you are making time for your kids in hubby despite having two jobs. I know that's hard. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I knew I HAD to make them a priority or I would regret it later.

      Delete
  2. Great job on your goals, and best of luck this week! I know what it's like to be so busy! 2 jobs, planning a wedding, training, and now some more work stuff got thrown on me(good thing but makes me busier!). I don't have a kiddo to worry about but I still feel like I relate to your schedule. Good luck on the goals this week, they're realistic and you can do it without a doubt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! so far so good this week just need to make more time for formal workouts and not just running around chasing kids and lifting patients and stretchers.

      Delete
  3. Good job on your goals last week! I'm impressed with the sugar detox. I have such a love/hate relationship with sugar. I could seriously use a good detox from all the sugar I consume!

    Good luck this week! Make sure you have time for yourself in there too! I understand the multiple jobs deal and it was a struggle to find time for myself & time with my hubs (some weeks I feel like we have opposite schedules).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the feeling of never seeing your family is the hardest part. Some days I only see my husband and some I only see the kids. But so far everyone is happy and the kids do need "their" time with daddy.

      Delete