The weekend flew by but it was a good one even though it rained all day on Saturday.
Saturday was the only day in the next several weeks that I would have off so I wanted to do something with my hubby. Also wanted to do something for my birthday and didn't care really what as long as we got out of the house and somewhere other than walmart.
We got up early Saturday morning and went to breakfast then headed to St. Louis. I wanted to find a new pair of running shoes as well as maybe a few skirts or dresses for work. I am not a big city person or a big mall kind of girl but figured we don't get out much without the boys. We walked and walked and walked in the first mall and I found myself some new shoes :)
Brooks pure adrenaline 12's (pretty sure thats what they are) I wore them the rest of the day to make sure I liked them and honestly I love them! Can't wait to do a workout in them at home. Kenny surprised me by buying them for me I had planned on using birthday money.
We shopped a few more stores and I found a dress on clearance at JCPenney but just wasn't seeing much I liked.
When we were heading out of the mall we stopped in Dick's Sporting goods and I eyed the Garmin watches of course they had one in pink. We talked to the lady and she told us about it (I had been eyeing them online for a while and knew what they could do and how they worked). Another surprise he bought me one!!!!
Now to figure out how to use it :) I am super excited about it and happy he got it for me. I hate always having to use my phone to track my miles mainly because it drains the battery. And living in a rural area some apps don't pick up very well. Not to mention its my favorite color.
After that mall we went to the one that had Cabela's attached to it. As he wanted to do shopping there. I think he spent 3 hours in that store and could have stayed longer! I went out in to the other parts of the mall and picked up some shirts and a hoodie jacket for me from Old Navy and then got the boys some things at Childrens Place. I came back to where he was and I think he was 3 isles over from where I left him! He has been wanting a big gun safe for a long time and well I told him to just pick it out and get it. We didn't come home with one but he researched them and wants to look a couple other places before making the purchase.
We left there and headed over to Texas Roadhouse I wish I would have took a picture of the food but was so hungry I forgot. But I pigged out we had the onion blossom, rolls and then ordered steak with corn and mashed potatoes. I was so stuffed when we left but it was so so good!
It rained all the way home and we got home super late. I had to get up early Sunday to go work an auction. Well not super early but still early after getting home late.
One of the guys that was helping us brought us breakfast
Biscuits and chocolate gravy. I had seen chocolate gravy on tv pretty sure by Paula Deen but hadn't ever tried it. Oh boy was it yummy in fact I have a bowl of it at home. Tasted like warm chocolate pudding and nothing like regular breakfast gravy.
The auction was good but very very very long! Auctioneers said it may last 5 hours and it went for over 8! It was cold all day I had wore a tshirt and sweat shirt jacket but still was freezing. Lucky I have some nice friends that come to auctions I was able to borrow a jacket for the day. Was about 4 times to big on me but I didn't care I was warm.
I bought way to much at the auction but have enough toys to do the boys for birthday and Christmas this year! And found me a pink watch I didn't see the watch but the two guys behind me who were much taller about beat me up to tell me I needed it lol. Pretty bad when your new boss at your new job already knows how much you like pink....
It was a good weekend and Saturday was a much needed break from working all the time.
WOo hoo congrats on the new running gear! It's always so exciting when you get new stuff! Makes running more fun too :)
ReplyDeleteCarrie's husband Ryan, works at Garmin and does all the electonic work on watches, etc.
ReplyDelete