A few days late but just now getting time to post about Easter Weekend. I didn't end up getting any pictures with my family in them barely remembered to get pictures of the food!
Friday night I was busy cleaning and preparing for the weekend. I had boiled eggs.. Well I tried out the eggs in the oven for hard boiled Thursday night. So the kids got to color eggs. I'm such a bad parent it was the first time Nathan had ever done this and only the second for Blake...
Nathan coloring his first egg.
Blake thought it was red and I told him it was pink and well he finally believed me when his egg turned pretty pink.
The boys went to bed on time Friday night I told them they needed to keep the house picked up on Saturday and please don't drag all the toys out. I had to work 16 hours on the ambulance which ended up being quite the day.... I got home at midnight did a few more things and crashed around 2ish. I didn't sleep hardly any though.
Sunday morning the boys were up early but weren't in very good moods. The Easter bunny hid their baskets so they had fun finding them.
Blurry cause Nathan wanted to see what was in his bucket, Blake was mad that Nathan got a blue DS...
Nathan didn't want to stop his game long enough to take a picture and yes his pjs didn't match.
We had got Blake a new TV from the Easter bunny that had a built in DVD player. His old tv worked good still however it was way to big and heavy for his current dresser. So since he got a new tv I now have a tv in the workout room :) Should make night or morning treadmill miles a bit more bearable.
The Easter bunny left it in the garage and daddy "found" it while looking for a tool. While they were enjoying their presents I ran to town to grab a few things we still needed.
I was so overwhelmed exhausted and not focused like I should have been. I managed to not stress out or break down and cry (but it was very close) we had dinner on time and everything came together nicely.
Just part of the side dishes everyone was in the kitchen trying to get food so I was trying to not get arms and hands in the pictures.
Kenny grilled the meat we had a ton of ribs (which are my grandma's favorite) she really enjoyed them by the looks of the napkin pile by her plate.
Grilled/smoked brisket which was super yummy and hardly had any left.
Sausage burgers hotodogs and link sausage. Kenny had burned me two hotdogs with sauce but I was nice enough to share one of those with Charlie. Nice to know that I am not the only burnt sauce dog lover out there.
We had a nice dinner had 12 people there to eat with us a mix of family and two very close friends.
I noticed the boys had been quiet after dinner and I found them in the bedroom playing with their Nintendo DS. Blake has had one since he was Nathan's age so now they both have one.
As we were cleaning up the mess and putting food away. My brother in laws girlfriend came in laughing and showed me this picture.
The kids were sweeping and my brother in law was playing on their tractors!
It was a good day and I was beat by 5pm dishes waited until the next night.
Looks like a fun Easter! Don't feel bad about not doing the coloring eggs every year, my parents didn't do it with us every year, it's messy and time consuming! All the food looks yummy!
ReplyDeleteYay for TV in exercise area for you now, that will help boredom!
I can't wait to get the tv all set up and try it out in there. I don't think I colored eggs every year either I loved hunting plastic eggs that had money and candy in them way more fun.
DeleteWow that was a serious feast! Drooling over here;) I have only colored eggs with my kids maybe twice and they are 13 and 10! I feel like a bad mom about it sometimes, but then I realize it is not coloring eggs that makes you a good mom:) Plus, it's messy;)
ReplyDelete