Found out last Thursday evening that we had an auction to work on Saturday. I was slightly happy about it as I had saw the sale bill and it had some items I collect listed. Wasn't to happy that it was going to be an early morning long day and cold out.
My mom watched Nathan while I worked the sale and Kenny and Blake went deer hunting for the opening day of youth season. I waited and looked at my phone all day hoping he would be calling or sending me a picture of his first deer. No such luck :(
The auction was long and well all the items listed were either not what I was looking for or the wrong color. I did spot some fiesta ware that matched the set I have and they had several other colors mixed in. I wanted the teal but ended up getting all of it really cheap! We didn't sell much food so I was able to be away from the grill and watch stuff sell, it was mostly junk and going dirt cheap. I found some old wooden letter blocks for Nathan and then a pink candy dish that I liked. Was glad to be done the wind had changed to out of the north and picked up and it got real cloudy and cold.
Blake and Kenny went out again yesterday morning to get a deer and well Nathan wasn't to happy to be stuck at home with mom. I got laundry caught up and kitchen straighted up and dusting done. I hate dusting they need to make furniture that repels it! Still need to finish unpacking some things in the dining room if we are going to have Thanksgiving at our house in a few weeks.
Blake still didn't get to shoot at a deer but did get to see a couple which made him happy and he is going out again this weekend so maybe him and Kenny will both get one.
I am adjusting to the time change better than I normally do. I liked that when my alarm went off at 6am it was getting daylight. So maybe just maybe I can start getting up at 5 and getting my run in on the treadmill before the days starts. I just hate waking up and being up hours before daylight.
No comments:
Post a Comment