Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Misc. Tuesday

It's Tuesday cloudy cool and down right blah out. I forced myself to change clothes at noon and go get a mile in. Had my nike app turned on to track my time and miles and well almost back to the car I went to check my time only to realize that it only showed .30 miles and not the 1.2 I should have had. So frustrating, debating on finding another app maybe daily mile or it could have been from the weather not getting a good gps signal. What ever it was made me want to scream.

Today is also election day and no I didn't go vote before work and I hope that Kenny gets home in time tonight for me to go vote. I hadn't really kept up with much on the election and I am not in to politics. But I will be glad to have all the tv ads, radio ads and facebook debates done and over.

Decided to join a facebook group for a holiday challenge called My Weight Loss Coach Holiday Challenge put on by Calorie Counting Running Girl. I have followed her blog for a while now and like that she started out being over weight and with lifestyle change and workouts has got to where she is comfortable now. However part of the first week of the challenge is taking a picture of yourself with your sports bra and workout shorts on and then taking your measurements. I know that in the end if will be fine because I need to focus on measurements more than the number on the scale. However its hard because I am addicted to the darn scale not as bad as before but still more than I should.

Lately the boys have been testing every ounce of patience I have and I am not sure why. Guess from being an only child I am not used to the sibling bickering and fighting over this and that. They can play so good for awhile then it all falls apart one cries then the other one starts and I just want to scream and pull my hair out.

Blake is still doing the after school tutoring with his teacher two nights a week and I think its helping him alot. He is stubborn as all get out and while I know he loves to read some nights its like pulling teeth to get him to sit down and read a book. Frustrating to me because I want him to excel in school and have perfect scores however I know that's probably not a good thing to think.

Nathan is becoming more and more independent which is nice but really making me realize that he is growing up and will soon be in preschool. I think this weekend while Kenny and Blake are gone hunting that I will think of something Nathan and I can do that's fun I may take him to a park to play and maybe out to lunch just have a mommy and Nathan day.

2 comments:

  1. Good job joining that Facebook group. Sounds like a good plan:) Seriously the scale is evil. It will make you think bad things. Focus on the measurements and only use the scale every once in a while:) Boys will be boys, I have 2 and they still bicker, but it will get better with age. Hang in there:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks glad to know it gets better. I agree the scale makes you think weird thoughts and usually ends up ruling my mood.

      Delete