Monday, November 19, 2012

Better late than never Halloween post!

Just dawned on me that I never posted about Halloween! Or pictures of my two cowboys. The night before Halloween Blake decided he wanted to be a bullrider even though he begged and pleaded for the Ironman costume we got a few weeks prior.

I took off work on Halloween to help with his classroom party and to walk in the costume parade thru town. I also decided that I would surprise Blake at lunch and bring him a happy meal and eat with him. When I was in school that wasn't ever an option for your parents to come eat but I am glad it is now. He was so excited to see me standing there waiting for him.

After lunch and recess we headed back to his class to get the costumes on.
He has had this vest and chaps since he was 4 or 5 and well they are to short for him now I can't believe how much he has grown!  He still made a cute bullrider.

Not sure why he thinks it cute to smile like this but that's how he wanted his picture taken.

Here we were in the Halloween parade he was the only bullrider and only "real" cowboy with chaps, vest and spurs. The little boy to his right was in his class and thought his costume was cool so they walked together the whole way.

That evening I took my two cowboys to the school for trunk or treat and they both wanted their faces painted. Blake went first and chose the flames and of course Nathan followed suit and wanted the same thing. I was shocked on how well Nathan did as I took both kids on my own.

We stopped at the police station and fire dept first then we went to the school. After being there for what seemed like forever we headed home and trick or treated their great grandparents across the road from us.

Heck I even got candy at the trunk or treat when we went out to where the ambulance and fire truck was then of course grandma had my favorite candy waiting for me.

It was a long hectic day but was glad to see Blake so happy about me coming to his school.



No comments:

Post a Comment