Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Random Thoughts

I actually got some nice sound sleep last night. For the last few weeks or maybe months Nathan has been getting up one two and even 5 times a night. Which makes for a very crabby tired mommy! Last night I pretty much expected him to be up all the time like every other night but to my surprise I woke up at 2 and he wasn't awake so I rolled over went back to sleep until my alarm went off at 4:50.

Figures the one night he sleeps ALL night is the one night Kenny tells me he wants to get up by 5 to go out and hunt before a lunch meeting at work....... So I am nice I set my alarm on my phone (we have yet to put our alarm clock out in our room). Goes off I wake him up he says don't turn it off I'll get up hit snooze probably for half an hour then he tells me well just set it for when you need to get up. I was not a happy camper about this that was two more hours I could have had sound sleep! Next time he wants to get up before me he can set his own phone alarm!

Nathan has his first dentist appointment tomorrow afternoon he seems pretty excited. He got to tag along with Blake and Kenny last month when Blake had his check up. I always do all the dr appts so its nice that Kenny is taking care of the dentist part.

Since Blake has tutoring after school on Tuesday and Thursday and this week is book fair week I told Blake that we could attend the book fair when I came to pick him up. So all week he keeps asking when we get to go I think he's afraid they will sell all out of books before Thursday!

Very glad Blake seems to like his teacher this year such a great change from last year and he is starting to do very well in school. I had been worried about him and his grades first semester but he seems to be coming around nicely and finding a passion for reading.

It's time for me to start thinking about preschool for Nathan! I have no clue where to send him or really who to ask. I need a preschool that he can stay at all day a couple days a week. Loved the one that Blake went to but its expensive and also in Rolla so all friends he makes will go to Rolla and not St. James. We had that problem with Blake but he did fine however I would like for Nathan to know  a few kids. Blake had Cadey and Elizabeth that he had been around since he was born and they all started school together. Nathan doesn't have any friends his age so I am a little more worried about him.

Still can't get back in the groove of workouts and running and while I miss it I just can't seem to make myself do it. And still struggling with some thoughts and emotions after last months race.

I don't do well with change I like routine and daily habits been at my current job 9 years! Well I made the decision to start really looking for a second job in the emt field. I have decided to try and find a job in an ER for now part time easier to work that part time than it is to find a EMT job on an ambulance part time. I know I will not be happy with just the ER and will keep my eyes and ears open for positions at the ambulance base I want to work for. But the ER will give me experience that will be beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment