Yesterday was a tough day one that I would have rather been home curled up alone. Not sure why my mood was amok but it was. Early afternoon work email crashed and I spent the next couple hours trying to help correct the problem.
Received a text from one of my best closest friends asking if I was at work and asked if she could stop by she had a plant for me. She had asked me a couple weeks ago if I had any house plants yet. I didn't and haven't really ever had any house plants partly due to I seemed to kill them. And partly because our old house didn't get much sunlight and plants didn't seem to like it.
So about 20 minutes later she pulled in and I went out to talk to her and get my plant. Its always nice how just seeing someone and talking to them for 5 minutes can improve your mood. I rarely get to see her and catching her via text is about as rare. It was quite the treat and when she was leaving we hugged just as we always do and honestly I had to hold back the tears as I walked back in my office.
I took my cute little spider plant home and sat it on my counter between my kitchen and living room and each time I see it I think about my friend.
I had forgot to blog about the other gift she gave me (or maybe I did and forgot...) back when she attended Nathan's birthday party. I am a person who loves giving gifts and surprising the person with gifts. Rarely am I one who gets something out of the blue just because. And when I do it throws me off and I sometimes get a bit emotional....
She found this carnival glass egg plate for me while she was shopping earlier that week and thought of me. I was totally floored when she handed it to me and honestly had tears in my eyes. Caught me off guard. She has pushed me and had my back and held my hand for the last 13+ years thru my fire fighter class and my emt class. Been there telling me I could do it and to stand up for me and show the guys that us girls can do everything they can do.
While we don't get to talk or see each other near as much as we would like we make the best of the times we do spend together.
After she left my work I sent her a text telling her that seeing her and the hug was just what I needed; her reply was me too. I knew that her day/night at work was long and busy and she was exhausted.

No comments:
Post a Comment