Monday, November 19, 2012

My little deer hunters

This was the last weekend of deer season. Blake had been going out with his dad each weekend to try and get a deer. It was also Blake's first year that he could shoot one on his own however they tried and tried and never had any luck.

Saturday morning Kenny decided to take both boys (I was thinking yea this will work well...) I got Nathan ready to go and he was sooo excited to get to be big enough to go hunt. We had meltdowns all the weekend before because he couldn't go.

They were dressed and ready and you can see Nathan's big smile on getting to go hunt.

As soon as they left I got myself ready and headed to the bank and then to town to grocery shop. I figured I would get a call soon to come get Nathan as I knew he didn't understand staying quiet and sitting still in the woods for hours. I got all my shopping done and was ready to mop when I got this picture.

They both fell asleep in the truck after a morning of hunting. I went and picked Nathan up after he woke up and he decided he wanted to go see his Papa Kenny so I dropped him off there. I went back home and set in to cleaning and organizing the dining room and living room. Felt so nice to have the quietness and no kids to referee. It has been probably months since I have been home totally alone and able to get stuff accomplished.

I am glad that Nathan was able to go out and hunt with his bubba and dad for the morning it made him super happy and it was all he could talk about on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment