Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pictures From Auto Extrication

I will post more about the fun I had Saturday and Sunday soon but I decided to do the picture post first since I am short on time....
This was how they set some of the cars up for us.

Yes that is me next to curb yellow helmet way shorter than the rest of the group

Getting to use the window saw which was a lot of fun!


Me getting to use the cutters (which were super heavy)

The cut I made by those wires enabled the ram to push the front of the car apart

I got to use a saws all for the first time which its a fun tool

I got to use the cutters to cut the door hinges

Doing patient care and I got a guy on to a backboard in a senario we did.

That is me on far right...
There wasn't much left of the cars when we were done!
Taking a break after extricating patient I was getting quizzed by a Paramedic and EMT

I dislike this picture very much and mr sneaky camera person told me I wasn't in any....

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is cool! What a great way to get real world experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun and its a awesome total body workout!

      Delete
  2. Shell, you are going to be so good at your job. You can see the total interest and absorbtion on your face with each task.
    I admire you for the hard work you have put in going to school, building a house, working full time in addition to being a good Momma. As I used to say to the kids growing up when they did something I was extremely proud of: Good Job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie! Its been a lot of stress but I am seeing the rewards now and loving every minute of it!

      Delete